Life in 2020 has been a different life experience for most of us, but so many of us have been able to reconnect at home and realizing home is the safest place to be. Have you heard of Aging In Place? Well, simply put, aging in place is planning to remain in your home in the later years of your life. It is no surprise that in a recent AARP study, over 90% of people prefer to Age in Place. 1 One of the big considerations while planning to age in place is making your home safe. In many situations this requires home modifications and sometimes the use of assistive technology – products that will allow you greater independence as your physical limitations increase with age.
While we offer a host of solutions in this area, one of the more popular assistive technology products are stairlifts. Stairs greatly increase your risk of falls or become a complete barrier to allow you to age in place. If you find yourself or a loved one in this predicament, stair lifts are a great solution.
Stairlifts can accommodate all types of stair designs. Straight run stair lifts are prefabricated products that adapt to many homes and are an economical solution to age-in-place. Curved stairs lifts are custom made for your specific home and will carry a slightly higher price tag. Whatever your situation may be, our Independent Living Consultant will help you find a solution that fits your needs and your budget.
We are the local dealer for Harmar Stair lifts with factory trained technicians and installers on staff. The process to get one started is simple:
- Assessment – Our Independent Living Consultant will come out to your home to do an assessment and measurements to provide a proper product recommendation.
- Quote – We will send you a quote for the recommended product and installation costs
- Installation – Our team of installers will come to your home. A simple straight run stair lift will be installed in a day’s worth of work with little inconvenience!
- Warranty and Service – It is great peace of mind to work with a local provider that is there to assist you with all stages of the product. We are here after the sale for any assistance needed with service or warranty on your stair lift unit.
Harmar Pinnacle Indoor Stair Lift
Harmar’s exclusive automatic and mechanical folding rail (optional) removes obstructions and trip hazards at the lower landing area. Its operation is automatic, the user does not need to stop or have someone else assist. And since it is mechanical, there are no additional switches or controls.
The Pinnacle SL600 has earned its name and reputation for standing above the rest. Design, form and function come together to make Pinnacle reliable, durable and the most sought-after stair lift available.
What makes Pinnacle different? It is what you do not see, the patented helical worm gear and reinforced nylon polymer gear rack. This drive system eliminates maintenance and provides you with savings on lower energy bills and delivers a smooth ride.
- Narrowest stair lift in the industry – folds as narrow as 10.5” when footrest and seat are folded!
- Patented helical worm gear drive system for extremely smooth and quiet ride
- No grease or lubrication required for nylon polymer gear rack; low maintenance and easy to clean
- Swivel seat at upper landing, for easy and safe, entry and exit
- Easy and ergonomic operating control and condition indicator lights
- Operable in a power outage – up to 60 trips!
- Comfortable upholstered seat with full-size backrest and standard retractable seat belt
- Safety sensors in the footrests and chassis will stop the lift if it meets an obstruction
- Options/Accessories: key lock to protect from unauthorized use, folding rail, additional track over 16’
- Weight Capacity: 350 lb.
- Seat Size: 19” W x 16” D x 18” H
- Speed: 20 FPM
- Folded Width: 10.5”
- Track Length: 15’6” Standard
- Power: 24V DC
- Incline Limits: up to 45°
- Safety Features: Final Limit Switch, Chassis Obstruction Sensors, Centrifugal Overspeed Brake, Swivel Seat Cut-off Switch, Bi-directional Footrest Obstruction Sensor
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty, 1-year battery
1 Khalfani-Cox, Lynette. Can You Afford to Age in Place? Feb. 14, 2017. https://www.aarp.org/money/budgeting-saving/info-2017/costs-of-aging-in-place.html#:~:text=The%20costs%20for%20home%20modifications,home%20or%20assisted%20living%20facility.